Driver’s licence and no-cost authorized drivers of your car leasing

HomeInfo and supportCar leasingDriver’s licence and authorized drivers

With the Car-2-Europe (Peugeot & DS Automobiles) ou Renault Eurodrive (Renault & Dacia) car leasing plan, there are no additional fees for additional drivers on the rental vehicle.

No-cost authorized drivers

  • Contract holder;
  • Spouse, concubin declared, direct ascendants and descendants provided they meet admissible criteria for the car leasing plan;
  • All other occasional drivers (non-European residents) with the contract holder.

N.B. Additional drivers must be at least 18 years of age and hold a valid driver’s licence. There is no age limit.

Driver’s licence

Before leaving for your European vacation, be sure to learn about driver’s licences. Some countries accept Canadian licences, but most require an International Driving Permit (IDP).

The International Driving Permit (IDP) is a legal identification document:

  • It serves as a compliment to your Canadian driver’s licence;
  • Information pertaining to your Canadian licence are translated into 11 languages;
  • You must hold a valid driver’s licence;
  • You must present your valid Canadian driver’s licence as well as 2 passport-style photos;
  • The IDP is valid one year from the date of issue;
  • CAA is the only authorized Canadian agent for issuing and delivering International Driving Permits.


Coming from, you are now on Europ Auto, your site for car rental and buy-back. There is a perfect car for your trip... you will find the right one in a few clicks!