Serving you for more than 45 years!

Car buy back for travelling - Conditions

For your buy back car formula while travelling in Europe, you can choose your new Peugeot among the most recent models.

Car rental for Canadian residents

  • You must be at least 18 years old
  • You must hold a valid driver's license
  • The buy back contract can be for up to 175 days for a tourist
  • The buy back contract can be for up to 355 days maximum in the event of studies, a training course, a mission or a secondment.
  • You only pay for the time you use your Peugeot.
  • You are personally greeted by the Peugeot Open Europe reception agents at the delivery and return centers.
  • To take delivery of your car, you will need to present the copy of your contract.

Who can drive?

The new Peugeot vehicle is registered in the name of the contract, the main driver.

His/her spouse, direct ascendants and descendants can drive the vehicle alone.

Any occasional driver is authorized to drive in the presence of the buy back Peugeot contract holder.

Warranty and insurance

The car is delivered to you with 15 litres of complimentary fuel. You are not required to fill up the tank before you return the vehicle. You benefit from Peugeot's manufacturer contractual warranty throughout your trip.

You travel with complete serenity throughout the 41 authorized countries. Peugeot Open Europe thinks of everything for you: a "turn-key" formula and a deductible-free comprehensive insurance are included so that you may fully enjoy your stay.

Road assistance

Remember that in the event of a breakdown, an accident, theft, etc., the Peugeot Sodexa Assistance road assistance will be of invaluable help to you. You simply call, 24/7, +33 1 47 89 2424.

For further information: Travel book

Driver’s license

Some countries accept the Canadian driver's license. However, most countries will require an international driver's license (IDL), which is used as a legal identification document, and in which the information relating to the Canadian driver's license is translated into 11 foreign languages. The IDL is used as a supplement to the Canadian driver's license and you can obtain it before your departure in any CAA service center in your area. For more information, read the additional drivers' page.

Newsletter subscriptionClose